Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ready for Christmas?

As we pull into the stretch I find myself thinking of everything that I still need to finish before Christmas. I've got most of my shopping done. I'm still waffling on what to get the music man but the rest is thankfully finished - at least the rest that needs to be purchased. The homemade stuff is a different story. As I waited for materials to arrive and juggled work, puppies and exhaustion with getting the pirate project finished - I ended up behind. I should have at least one completed before our gathering and I'm really hoping I can get them all done but I'm starting to feel under the gun to finish it. I may have to enlist Dad's aid. He's very good at cutting, etc - and actually does a much straighter job than I do lol

The puppies head home today and tomorrow much to everyone's relief. See the other blog for details on what a heartless fiend I am that I'm actually cheerful they're leaving.

I wanted to mention a few of my favourite sites for the holidays for those of you in a giving spirit.

The S.A.D. Draft Horse Rescue: http://www.drafthorserescue.com/index.html

This is an Ontario charity that saves draft horses sent to slaughter/meat auctions, rehabilitates them and adopts them out. I visit their site routinely. I have a real weakness for animals with hooves the size of dinner plates and one day - when funds and space permit - would love to be able to rescue horses as well as dogs. Like all rescues their expenses always far outweigh donations so if you love horses this may be a nice way to give back.

If you favour large dogs rather than large horses check out http://www.trinityofhope.on.ca/ Trinity of Hope Dog Rescue.

They specialize in large breed like Saint Bernards and Newfoundlands. They also never refuse to help when you need a hand with another rescue. They've helped me with German Shorthaired Pointer and Siberian Husky rescues over the years.

Yes, my favourite charities are all animal related. When it comes to giving for the two-footers I generally do my donating year round through various campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment