Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Packing Time ...

I'm trying to get myself organized to leave tomorrow morning. I did laundry this morning and have my list of what needs packing ready. Going places with the dogs (in this case Buffy & Charlie) is always somewhat complicated. While they would probably love to dine on nothing but doggie bags while away, I need to consider packing leads, food, dishes, water buckets, blankets and crates for them. After all that is packed, I can almost guarantee they'll sleep on the bed with me, eat leftovers from my meals, and drink out of the hotel room toilet.

Sarah has asked me to bring her chocolate beer. She had some the last time she was in Canada and can't find it in MA. I've been to two liquor stores so far and both are sold out. Still, this is Ontario and every town, no matter how small or large, has a liquor store so I'll keep trying on my way out of the country tomorrow. Personally - chocolate and beer just doesn't do it for me. I would much rather a good Australian red wine or a smooth single malt scotch. Speaking of which I found two new reds (one called Jester and I think the other was a Magpie Estates Barossa region Shiraz) at the liquor store while hunting for chocolate beer that I have to try. One (the Magpie) has a GSP on the front of the bottle being walked by a penguin. Needless to say I bought both.

I use dog shows to help alleviate my travel bug. I love going somewhere I've never been before and just wandering around. I get lost. I get un-lost. I may stop to look at things. And shop. Or, I may just drive for hours. When I'm at shows I can take the dogs with me which is something I really enjoy, particularly when travelling alone.

This time around I'm hoping to get to explore Cape Cod. The show is in Providence (Rhode Island) and I'm staying just outside of Boston. The coast is mine and we all know how much pirates like the coast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment