Thursday, December 3, 2009

Possible Addiction

Is it possible to have an addiction to paper? We're not talking fancy paper that tastes good or hides secrets written in invisible ink. We're talking about plain old 12 x 12 craft paper. Admittedly in a wide variety of themes and designs but still nothing exotic. (Although I must admit, I tried to find some exotic paper for Blade's Christmas gift but apparently fetish, BDSM and craft paper don't go together very well?? Mind you I did find some rather naughty stickers!)




I see it and instantly feel a need to have it in my growing number of paper drawers on my rapidly diminishing desk space. What I will ever use it for I don't know. I'm just not talented or devoted enough to make that many projects before I die. Particularly not at the rate I'm acquiring it.




Don't think me odd, after all people like to look at much stranger things, but I like poring through the piles and looking at the various designs and imagining what it could become. It's kind of like the tunes you compose in your head but cannot translate into notes on a page or - in my case at least - sounds from your voice either. If only I could hum or sing but alas I could make cats killing one another sound delightful by comparison.





I think EBay has become the modern devil, tempting me to fiscal irresponsibility as I find stacks of paper just waiting to be opened and discovered. Not that I was ever good at resisting temptation but those stories are best left untold...

No comments:

Post a Comment