Saturday, November 28, 2009

You may want to skip this one ...

I'm having one of those days where you question everything you do. Was that the right decision? Should I have been more patient? Am I being too patient? You know - a day where nothing you do is going to be right, guaranteed.

Work is going well. An opportunity came up to post for a job in a different Georgetown branch but I think I'm going to take a pass on it. The job appeals a lot but the shop doesn't and I really love the people I work with.

I do need to be less bored (in general) though. Money seems to drip through my fingers when I have nothing better to do. I think I'm having a week where I feel decidedly too vanilla. Remember when you were younger and you did crazy things and life was just so exhilirating? If you were me you jumped out of planes, you travelled, you did things just for the adrenaline. Now, I'm a boring old woman who goes to work everyday and is far too dependable and responsible. I suppose these are not bad qualities but every once in awhile you get that itch that says just do it - whatever the thing is that suddenly caught your eye.

I think part of my dissatisfaction is coming from my relationship with the music man. Don't get me wrong - it can be very exciting and hot when it's on but when it's not I worry that I'm behaving like a doormat and that's just not me. It's a fine line that divides being understanding when someone is going through a tough time and facing events that fall into that "life event" category you see on your benefits statements from work and being too understanding and not standing up for yourself and what you need. I'm apparently straddling it in a way that I am not finding satisfying in the least. Course I was stupid and let me heart get involved. My brain says one thing and my heart another. Bah, humbug I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment