Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Gray Day

I"m getting really tired of gray November weather. I'd even prefer snow at this point. The damp is dreary to say the least and my bones are making me regret getting out of my warm bed each day.

Red commented that she reads cheap romances but invariably feels disappointed by the end and Blade asked why she read them then. I read them too when I need a break from my normal reading. Not that my normal reading is all that intellectual but it does at least have a plot as a general rule. The problem I find with cheap romances is that invariably about halfway through the book, I put it down in disgust and stop reading it. I find myself feeling cheated. Surely I, with my minimal skills, could write something better than this crap. Of course this always invites the question well then why don't you for which I have yet to come up with an answer. Maybe one of these days.

No news on the music man front which is probably why I'm feeling as dreary as the weather. I find myself thinking that a few days of doing nothing but soaking up sun would go over well. Preferably on a beach with lots and lots of tall, frosty, drinks and a ton of books. I'd like to have nothing to do all day but read, drink and sleep. Mind you if that were to actually happen I'd be bored too quickly, miss the dogs and be lonely all at once. So much for a vacation lol

Actually the dogs have been pretty good. I've been telling them all about my romantic woes since it seems wiser than confiding in my father. Delceg, my Hungarian visitor, climbed on the chair last night after I complained about my lack of a love life and reached over to first plant a very wet kiss on my face, followed by his version of a hug - which knocked me off my chair and down onto the kitchen floor. Who says dogs don't empathize?

No comments:

Post a Comment