Friday, November 27, 2009

Slow Day

In non-romantic news, things are going well. I've got all the puppies spoken for except mine who does admittedly still need a foster home. I even have a few deposits down for the next litter and a possible foster home for Cello.

Mom is still out in BC with my sister and the boys. They went north to Tofino for a few days and apparently had a good time. Alex is claiming he's ill so he can't go to school and can spend more time with his grandmother.

Dad and I are coping despite my alarm which decided not to go off this morning. The dogs let me sleep until 9:30 - it was wonderfully decadent. Thankfully I didn't work until noon so I didn't have to worry about being late.

I did finish the powerpoint presentation for judges that the German Shorthaired Pointer Club of Canada asked me to do. I need to send it out to all the directors now so they can make any suggestions they wish and then it will be good to go for presentations across Canada. It's my contribution for the year as past president.

I got my Christmas present from Pin and have been shamelessly indulging. I'm hoping to watch it for a third time this weekend lol I may be old but apparently I'm not dead yet.

Puppy people are coming on Sunday. This means it's cleaning day in the morning. Yech. If I could afford to have someone else clean my house I can guarantee I would. I hate cleaning and it's been raining all week so you can guess how much mud the dogs have dragged in.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm still not sure if Bug is pregnant or not. If she is, she's not having many cause she just isn't that big yet and she's 6 weeks along. I'm going to dig out the fetal monitor and see if I can find any heartbeats. If I can't I may take her to the vets for an ultrasound just to be on the safe side.

Jeannie put a hole in the fence just so the tart could get into Frost's pen. I am less than amused. She, on the other hand, seems exceedingly satisfied. At least one of us is...

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your Christmas present from Pin. She emailed Red & me & told us what you got. But why'd you open it before Christmas??

    What were your favorite parts? And why does it prove you're not dead yet (Jim)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim for sure :) and the pkg wasn't wrapped and I had ordered books. I didn't realize what it was until I opened it lol I'll bring it to our gathering at Red's.

    ReplyDelete