Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ooops

Well, after signing off last night I decided to make some muffins for work for the rest of the week. I like to have low fat muffins on hand for snacking so I can avoid hopping across the road to diet Hell (and Timmies). Upon turning on the over I discovered that a chunk of fat from the roast beast had fallen off on Sunday and attched itself to the hot metal wire thing in the oven. Sorry I have no clue as to what it is called - what I do now know is that preheating the overn under these conditions causes tremendous amounts of stinky smoke and some fire. Despite all this my latest experiment (pumpkin angel food cake muffins) turned out rather well.
Today, there is no good way to say it - I fucked up. I underestimated a fee for a client and I feel terrible. They'll still benefit in the long run but in the short run they're going to be very angry with me and I can't blame them. I would be too. I hate disappointing people.
There was one very nice spot in the day. Two if you count that I now have an appt with the dr's resident on Thursday. There's this great article in the Toronto Star on teh front page of the world section. Apparently, these two kids (aged 6 & 7) decided they were going to get married and go to Africa. They brought along her younger sister (age 5) as a witness. They were picked up at the train station with lots of swimming gear and toys and no money :) Apparently they didn't think they would be gone long so they didn't feel the need to let their sleeping parents know they were off to Africa. The article is just too sweet and funny. They're home, safe, sound and still unwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment