Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year`s Resolution and a Trip South

This was my resolution for the new year. Several friends have been complaining I don`t share the minutiae (sp?) of my day often enough. I believe this to be because they`re relatively dull but as you`ve asked I will attempt to share them here. With a little luck this one will last longer than my normal resolutions do. Come to think of it, I think it already has.
Yesterday, I got up at the crack of dawn (actually, it was still dark out at 5:30 am) to set off for Albany. I know with the title a trip south you`d think I`d gone somewhere warm, nice, vacation-like. N0o, I went to Albany and back in a day. I went to drop off a puppy to her new home while visiting with some friends.
The drive itself wasn`t too bad. long but not bad driving. The munchkins (I took Frankie - who was staying in NY - and Joan (just for company) and Dalwhinnie who doesn`t qualify as anyone`s idea of a puppy but who makes better company on a drive) slept most of the way. Stopped at Timmie`s and got Timbits for the drive. I was willing to be generous and share with Dal but Dal decided to get picky and repeatedly selected Timbits from the box then decided she didn`t like them and spat them on the floor. So much for Timmies.
Dal ended up staying with Sarah for a bit and I spent most of the trip home consoling the now very lonely Joan. (Don`t tell Betty but Joan likes Macdonald`s cheeseburgers - I forgot to bring some food for her so we had to improvise. I`m a bad breeder.)
I don`t envy the dogs when we take road trips as they are subjected to my terrible singing for hours on end. It is a sad statement when you listen to only three CDs over the course of almost fourteen hours of driving. I think that by now Joan could probably sing all of Leonard Cohen`s Hallelujah all by herself. I think I repeated it at least four times in a row everytime we came upon it. I have this really nice version of it with k.d. lang singing. I don`t get how Joanna can like the Rufus Sewell version better. It`s obvious the dampness of BC has affected her ears. I`m not quite sure why I like this particular song so much. The best I can offer is that I find it soothing which makes it sound like I need soothing which I don`t think is true most of the time. OK, let`s just ignore my mental states for now.
Today has been very quiet. A really nice family came to see the dogs. Hopefully, they`ll put a deposit down on Kaylee`s litter. Sinead goes home later today and then poor Joan will be really lonely until she goes to Idaho in a few weeks. How badly do you think I can spoil her between now and when we get to Betty`s :)
As for me, I`m thinking it will be a quiet evening and maybe watch the new Mummy movie.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I get to be the first to comment on Brenna's nifty blog.

    Hey Bren!

    Blade

    ReplyDelete
  2. First better Mickey D's than Jack in the Box and she better NOT be spoiled when she arrives or her fuzzy little butt is heading back the way it came ;)

    ReplyDelete