Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Catch Up

As you've probably noticed, I find it much more difficult to do entries for my personal blog than for the dog blog. I'd like to say this is because the dogs take up a lot of my life but I know I'd get more than a few nudges indicating that was not my best excuse ever.
Often I end up feeling like I'm just whining about difficulties that we all face in life. What I'm thinking and feeling is rarely all that fascinating and I wonder why you'd be interested.
So, when I saw Julie & Julia about a modern woman (Julie) who blogs her attempts to complete all the recipes of Julia Child's masterpiece it gave me an idea. No, I will not be recreating Julia Child's cookbook. A) It's been done. B) I can't afford to get any fatter. C) I've killed lobsters and will never make them ever again no matter how good they taste.

The idea that did come forth from it was to try to spend on time on other things I do - books I read, recipes I try, movies I see, etc mixed in with the day to day chaos of my life.

I'm trying to keep myself writing - if you read any of this or the dog blog let me know. It helps to keep me writing. A few years back I became clinically depressed and found it increasingly difficult to write. I cancelled contracts with magazines and closed my biweekly column in Dog News. I just couldn't do it. I'm hoping these blogs represent a step forward on getting myself back on track. Now, you're all stuck in therapy with me lol

No comments:

Post a Comment