Monday, February 2, 2009

Like sands in the hourglass these are the Days of Our Lives...

Mojo:

I didn't lie, here's the pics I promised. They were taken by Jay and as you can see he's one great photographer.






Now on to my regularly scheduled wit...

The highlight of he day was certainly Shiraz's decision to have her puppies early. She started at 9:30ish this morning and finished at 4:30pm. All eleven puppies are doing well - 8 girls and 3 boys :) I'll post some pictures soon. Time really does pass like sands in an hourglass when you have to work and you sit there waiting for puppy updates. Mind you it doesn't pass much differently when you're sitting in the whelping box most of the time. There are those busy birthing moments and then the lull in between while you twiddle your thumbs and the mother shreds the bedding. Oh and the heat gets to you, making you perpetually long for a pillow.

In other news, Joanna is coming for a visit in April. I had hoped to go to Jacob's graduation but for reasons unknown the ceremony is in late May and I can't get more time off in May. I'm already taking 6 days off so I can manage things here at the house while Mom & Dad are in Scotland & Ireland. I'm going to look at the schedule in July & August and see if I can plan a visit for then. Who ever heard of having a graduation ceremony before school ends?? Does this mean they have to pass you if you've graduated already and then fail to show up for the rest of the semester??
Jacob has taken on a new job at a pizza place and is really excited about working there and learning to make pizza dough. Me, I'm thrilled he actually has a job he likes.
Finally in the extra exciting and totally shocking category, we have Dalwhinnie in Wildwood, New Jersey this past weekend. These were her first US shows and honestly I wasn't expecting much. Sarah was sure she could show her and I was just as sure this was not going to fly. For those of you who have never met Dal, I affectionately refer to her as my wingnut babe. Tons of energy and not a calm bone in her. Not to mention that she isn't particularly fond of people she doesn't know. These are not the makings of a great show dog. So, what does she do? She goes BW on Sunday and today she went WB (there was no WD) and BOS. Who'd a thunk?

2 comments:

  1. And that is why I married him LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos, Bren, especially of Larken & Mojo.

    BTW, you totally _lie_ when you say your life is uninteresting.

    ReplyDelete